Sunday, October 5, 2014

Spook-tacular Halloween Wreath

Last year I made a burlap Fall wreath for our front door. It was really fun and turned out better than I had expected. It was the first wreath I'd made using the wire wreath form.



I was excited to make another one this year, but decided Halloween-themed would be the task for this year. While I at the Dollar Tree recently, I found a small wire wreath form and a variety of Halloween ribbons. Once home, it took me a week or so to figure out what I wanted to do with them.  


I wanted to create a braided look, so the first thing I decided to do was wrap the wire with some black fabric that I had in my craft room. This created two rows with a center row.




Next, I began to wrap each section with the ribbons. It took about 2 of the solid orange ribbon and 4 of the diamond patterned ribbon. The solid orange was easier to just alternate the wrapping to create the braid, whereas the diamond patterned ribbon had to be hot glued to the back at the every weave in the back so I could flip it to keep the front of the ribbon facing outward.




Once finished, I added this cute sign to it that I found at Tuesday Morning. I had to fluff the ribbons a bit and readjust a little after I took the photos, but it only took me a few hours to do even with the various interruptions from my 4-year-old (life has a variety of everyday crisis at that age.)



It was quite a budget-friendly project.
Wreath frame, $1
6 spools of ribbon, $6
Fabric, less than 1/2 yard, approx. $4
Sign, $4
Total Cost: About $15
I'm definitely going to try this project again. I'm already looking for Christmas ribbon!!

Until our next cup of tea ...



No comments:

Post a Comment