I apologize for not getting this completed, but we've had some family concerns lately. I had the pattern written, but the sample hasn't been stitched or quilted, however, I had gotten to a point where it could be shown. Here are the complimenting placemats for the table topper pattern posted on Quiltsmart's blog earlier this month.
Enjoy this quick and easy 4th of July project ans as soon as I get the sample completed, I will post the printable pattern at The Teacup Cottage Blog.
Celebrate Freedom! Table Runner
**Pattern for (1) Placemat. Multiply fabric for multiple placemats.
· Quiltsmart ZigZapps!™ Star Struck- (1) panel
· Quiltsmart Practical Art™ Raw-Edge Letter (1) panel
· White Star, Letters: (1) 3 1/2”xWOF strip
· Blue Background: (1) 12 1/2"x12 1/2" square
· White Stripes: (12) 1 1/2 "x 4 1/2” strip
· Red Stripes: (12) 1 1/2"x 4 1/2" strip
· Choice of Batting
· Choice of Backing Fabric
1. Cutting just outside the dashed line on interfacing, roughly cut out (1) star, and letters F-R-E-E-D-O-M. ( ** Other options: L-I-B-E-R-T-Y and A-M-E-R-I-C-A)
2. Place the white fabric strip for the star and letters, wrong side up and place interfacing rough (fusible) side down on the strip with space in between star and letters for cutting. Iron letters and star to fabric and cut out. Set aside.
3. Using invisible thread and a narrow zigzag stitch, stitch all stars and letter to blue background fabric piece leaving at least 1-inch . Set aside.
4. Sew together six each red and white strips together on the long side, in an alternating pattern. Do the same for the remaining six red and white strips.
5. Finger press or iron your seams flat (your choice).
6. Sew together each red and white block to opposite sides of blue rectangle to match the above photograph.
7. Quilt as you desire.
8. Bind and enjoy!