So first, picking fabric was a big decision ... buy something or use stash ... I went with stash! A bit risky since I didn't choose all of it at first. I know,, I know. I'm living on the wild side!
So I had the solid orange and black and orange polka dot, I was probably weak one Halloween and "just had to buy something". I knew I didn't want to do the traditional lone star where each row is a different color, so I decided to try with a black star in the center of a larger orange start with a black border. I have to admit I it was fun to try all sorts of layouts before I decided on this one. I like thinking how to make things my own or unique, and many of the Quiltsmart Lone Stars are a great way to do that.
I made most of the 8 triangles early in October, but then I got sidetracked with making samples for some classes I will be teaching and other projects, and realized yesterday that the last day of the challenge had arrived. So, after trick-or-treating and handing out candy, I headed up to the sewing machine when my husband and child fell into a sugar coma to finish the challenge. I finally finished the center star at about 11:45 p.m. then quickly photographed it so I could post on Instagram. I literally pinned it to the shower curtain in the guest bathroom and didn't even question it I was so tired.
This morning, I got Jamie of to school and came back to decided on a border because i knew I wanted it to be bigger, but not quite a quilt size. Just a good sized wall hanging quilt. (It was still on the shower curtain this morning.)
After searching through my stash for black and white fabrics, I finally chose this black and white cross hatch and added the border.
I have to say, I am so happy with the way it turned out. It is better than I imagined. I think I could learn to love, well like, oranges ... maybe.
Until next time, stay #CreativelyInspired!